"Let me tell you, it is a functional work of art. This bag is exceptionally well crafted. The leather is high quality. Even one of my patient told me he eyed it since the day I walked on the unit with it. He was all gaga and is coming to your site to get one. Get this work of art."
- Dr. Cheryl J., Heritage Waxed Canvas Steamer Backpack No. 2 customer
Heritage Waxed Canvas Steamer Backpack No. 2
Heritage Waxed Canvas Steamer Backpack No. 2
Customer service is as stated, MYTHICAL. Made inquiries through text chat to expedite delivery of a birthday gift & Lori made it happen! The honesty at this company & the respect for the customer is real at Mission Mercantile. Thank you!
- Catherine Y.
This is far & away the best I've ever owned. The combination of quality, style & function are unmatched. Bottom line: This is an heirloom quality piece that is punching wayyyy above its price. I've had much more expensive bags that aren't half as good as this one. If you're on the fence, get it.
- Derrick M.
In 1854, Louis Vuitton opened his luggage business, and introduced the steamer bag in 1901 as a little piece of luggage meant to be carried inside larger trunks. Later, the US-American Railroad used it as a mailbag from the 1920s-1930s. Wells Fargo Express agents also used it to transport cash and other financial instruments.
In 2015, we reinvented it in as a comfortable, versatile, vintage inspired backpack for the next century and beyond. In 2020, we re-imagined it once more to carry forward is striking head-turning looks while morphing it into a highly-functional rucksack / backpack statement piece for today's adventurer. Lightweight (less than 4 lbs) with an easy-opening clasp is hidden underneath the authentically styled top flap.
Our signature 100% full-grain, vegetable-tanned leather contrasts at the base and top reminiscent of the original material used for the historic leather mail bag.
FEATURES & DIMENSIONS
- Padded shoulder straps ergonomically designed for comfort
- Top flap with underneath zippered pocket
- Front zippered pocket smartly hidden out of sight underneath flap
- Padded vertical laptop pocket is 11.75"W x 14.25"H. If both dimensions of your laptop are under these measurements, it will fit in the laptop pocket. Please check the width and height (not diagonal dimension).
- Top opening is 12.25" wide (snapped) and 17.75" wide (unsnapped)
- Mission Mercantile Lifetime Promise
- 30 day return policy
- Dimensions: 17" H x 14" W x 6.25" D
- Volume: 24L (main compartment)
- Weight: 3.9 lbs.
- 100% full-grain, marbled US steerhide vegetable tanned leather
- All Mission Mercantile leathers are sourced from a Gold Rated tannery certified by the Leather Working Group (LWG), an international organization that works to ensure sustainable environmental practices in the leather industry.
- Durable 18 oz waxed canvas
- Navy blue pinstripe lining
- Solid antique brass hardware
SHIPPING & RETURNS
Goods delivered for $7.95 within the lower 48. Flat rate shipping is sent by economy ground (USPS or UPS, at our discretion). If you prefer to specify UPS, please select a UPS shipping option at checkout.
We also offer expedited shipping services (Next Business Day and 2nd Business Day) at checkout with the exception of PO Boxes.
We know you'll love your handcrafted leather goods! If, however, you're not completely in "leather love" you may return or exchange your purchase in unworn or unused condition item within 30 days of purchase. There is no restocking fee, however you are responsible for the return shipping. You may see our return policy details here or reach out to our Mythical Customer Care team.
This is a 1st class item, made impeccably with great materials and craftsmanship. My husband loves it to replace a 25 y/o duffel!!
Exceptional quality. Delivery took long but worth the wait!
Better than I thought it would be, and we all know that’s rare. Glad I bought it.
It’s a bit bigger than I thought, which is great! Using it as a bag for grad school, with plans to use on my European travel plans after school!
I purchased the green color and use it everyday to house my paperwork for work. I can put my wallet, electronics and even goodies like my water and soda in it. It has been a workhorse for my. The craftsmanship is exceptional. Truly exceptional in every detail. One of my patient's eyed it and told me how much he liked it and envied it's craftsmanship. I told him that he didn't know the half of it and showed him the backpack up close and personal -- all the features I liked. He already knew the leather was very high quality. He loved the green canvas too. So, this is such an incredible find. I'd purchase another in a heartbeat. I thought the blue stripped lining would bug me but didn't. 3 zippered compartments, a sueded compartment, sueded straps, and, the contour of the straps is unique and just right. You've outdone yourself with this. You got this really really right.