"This bag is fantastic ... two Coach laptop bags that come nowhere near this one as far as quality of production ... really bridges the gap well between masculine ruggedness and sophistication. The value for the price is simply unmatched with Mission Mercantile. Fantastic Quality."
- Rob J., Campaign Waxed Canvas Messenger Bag customer
Campaign Waxed Canvas Messenger Bag
Campaign Waxed Canvas Messenger Bag
Customer service is as stated, MYTHICAL. Made inquiries through text chat to expedite delivery of a birthday gift, and Lori made it happen! The honesty at this company and the respect for the customer is real at Mission Mercantile. Thank you!
- Catherine Y.
The messenger bag isn't a new concept. Its roots date all the way back to ancient Greece, if not before. The messenger bags of today vary and tend toward a deficiency in construction, being built for price rather than satisfaction.
Our updated Messenger Bag? We began with premium full-grain vegetable tanned US steerhide leather and durable 18 oz weather-resistant waxed canvas, offering a robust shield against abrasion and the elements. Padded separate laptop sections holds up to a 15" laptop. Multiple pockets and a spacious interior accommodates your daily carry including documents, charging adapter, headphones, accessories, etc.
Will it take a beating? Absolutely. A killer combination of looks and functionality.
FEATURES & DIMENSIONS
- Large exterior rear pocket w/ magnet closure and zipper feature to slip over and secure to your roller bag handle (for when you're dashing through airports)
- Front flap has a secure magnet closure and 5" zippered pocket inside to hold receipts, passport, tickets, cords, etc
- Padded separate laptop sections holds up to a 15" screen size laptop
- Spacious interior accommodates your daily carry including documents, charging adapter, headphones, accessories, etc.
- Multiple pockets for business cards, smartphone, charger, mini tablet (ex. Fire reader, iPad mini), pens / pencils, etc
- Super-comfortable adjustable shoulder strap with full-grain leather shoulder pad
- Interior key strap
- Mission Mercantile Lifetime Promise
- 30 day return policy
- Dimensions: 16" W X 10" H X 4.5" D
- Volume: 11.8 L
- Weight: 3.9 lbs
- Weather-resistant 18 oz waxed canvas
- Thick, durable full-grain US steerhide vegetable tanned leather
- All Mission Mercantile leathers are sourced from a Gold Rated tannery certified by the Leather Working Group (LWG), an international organization that works to ensure sustainable environmental practices in the leather industry.
- Antique brass YKK zippers and hardware
- Military grade 430D nylon interior lining
- Strong UV and weather resistant marine grade polyester thread
SHIPPING & RETURNS
Goods delivered for $7.95 within the lower 48. Flat rate shipping is sent by economy ground (USPS or UPS, at our discretion). If you prefer to specify UPS, please select a UPS shipping option at checkout.
We also offer expedited shipping services (Next Business Day and 2nd Business Day) at checkout with the exception of PO Boxes.
We know you'll love your handcrafted leather goods! If, however, you're not completely in "leather love" you may return or exchange your purchase in unworn or unused condition item within 30 days of purchase. There is no restocking fee, however you are responsible for the return shipping. You may see our return policy details here or reach out to our Mythical Customer Care team.
Suggest design revisions:
1.The key loop appears to be installed upside down. The leather part sticks up, curls over with hook hanging down, intruding into the space where you put file folders, books, etc, and gets in in the way. Either attach it with the metal hook hanging down and flat against the separator, or move it to a different location altogether. I removed it completely by carefully cutting the stitching with a razor blade.
2. Decrease the size of the leather on the cover flap, and use leather on the bottom of the bag. The canvas will wear thru a lot faster than leather, particularly if you work outside and put the bag down on concrete or gravel surfaces as I do.
3. The $35+ luggage tag is way too large for use on this bag, and way too heavy. This is a light-weight bag, and that's one reason I wanted it; there should also be a smaller, perhaps half the size, light-weight luggage tag.
None of this changes my admiration for the bag, but I do suggest these design "tweeks." They will make a good bag even bettter.
Hey Zen, thanks for your compliments & feedback! We're always happy to receive 'design tweak' input, for sure.
1. Please send us a picture of your key loop / strap to firstname.lastname@example.org so we may take a look.
2. We're already considering some design improvements for our Campaign Messenger, so thanks for your input!
3. While our Campaign Luggage Tag is actually pretty light as well, we getcha. Thanks for your input re: a smaller, very light-weight luggage tag!
Love the look and feel. Has so many useful compartments!
As expected, the craftsmanship is excellent. After decades of using briefcases made of Cordura fabric it is refreshing to now use a bag made of high quality canvas and leather. The simple fold over design with magnetic clasp accommodates a less business and more adventurous lifestyle yet still provides padded protection for a notebook computer, IPad, e-book reader, or digital journal. There are several convenient zipper pockets, pouches and pen loops useful for storing a variety of tools such as pens, a calculator, and business or credit cards. The leather key chain is a clever feature. I’ve paired it with a matching small accessory bag to store cables/power sources in a handy organized manner. It is evident a lot of thought went into this messenger bag and I look forward to many good years of use. I am very pleased with the products and attention to customer satisfaction of this company.
Lori called to to help me get the product asap as it was a gift.
This company understands customer service and does it well.
Ask for Lori if you need help. She is great.
This is a great bag! It is considerably more solid than I expected. The leather is thick and a bit stiff, which will require a little break in, but provide years of use. The leather detailing is in all the right places to support the heavy canvas duck. The heavy metal zippers are very solid and function well. The lining is top notch and cleanly done. It holds more than I thought it would from the online description.